Tuesday 29 March 2016

Home-made Pizza

I've made pizza from scratch twice before but this is the first time I've used this particular recipe - from Paul Hollywood's Bread. I found it much easier and quicker to make the dough compared to the recipe I've used previously, and the resulting pizza was lovely. The two hardest things are kneading the dough and throwing it to shape it - I gave it a go but ended up just using a rolling pin! Apart from that, it's pretty easy and really tasty.




After kneading the dough, we let it rise for an hour, during which time it pretty much doubled in size. While the dough was rising, I made a sauce for the pizza topping using olive oil, tomato puree, water, garlic, basil and oregano.


Pizza toppings: mushrooms, red peppers, red onions, pepperoni and vegan cheese. Some of us also added Stilton!
 Aaand here are the final results! The pizzas take only ten minutes in the oven. The recipe was meant for three pizzas not four so ours were slightly small (not to mention funny-shaped!) but they were still pretty filling, especially with the salad. We reckon they were healthy too!



My pizza :)





No comments:

Post a Comment