Tuesday 1 July 2014

Let the writing begin!

Today is the 1st of July, which to me means only one thing - Camp NaNoWriMo is beginning!


This month I will finally finish a draft of Barnabus' Balloons and I can't wait. Because I've already started writing, I'll only start aiming for my goal of 50,000 words partway through chapter 4; originally I planned to write up to the end of chapter 3 and begin Camp NaNoWriMo at the beginning of chapter 4, but last night I found a beginning for chapter 4 that I'd already written, and that I plan to type up and use.

Linking back to the post I wrote rather a while ago about the technicalities of writing, I'll be using FocusWriter to write my novel in, and I'll also try to use Storybook and another piece of novel planning software called YWriter5, so that I can compare them. However, in the meantime, I've blu-tacked some paper on the wall next to my desk so that I can stick post-it notes on it detailing my novel's outline. So far, I like the idea that when the entire outline is up there, I'll be able to see it all at once - I just wish the post-it notes stuck to the paper a bit better.

Additionally, I lied when I said I had no more exams. Apparently what I thought was a holiday in which to devote all my time to writing is actually just time in which I do not have school to, in part, do a few more hours working (which is fine), but mostly learn driving theory, and a lot of it. I'm not a happy bunny about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment